About: Rachel Katz is a Nutritional Scientist (B.S.) and Health & Wellness influencer with a passion for living a full life! She’s the epitome of a true modern HIPPEA! Rachel focuses on all aspects of health & wellness including healthy eating, yoga, healing and of course, mental health. You can follow her on Instagram at @rachel_katz_, listen to her podcast @thefullifepodcast & learn how you can live a full life on her blog www.thefullifebyrachel.com
Rachel is guest blogging to share her tips for a healthy mind!
10 Ways to Take Care of your Mental Health
Rachel Katz of @rachel_katz_
We are all feeling extremely overwhelmed with emotions right now, which is why tending to our mental health is more important now than ever!
Here are my top 10 tips for improving your mental health:
- Start your day with 5 minutes of pranayama (or breathwork)
- Step out into nature once a day. Either a safe walk/jog around your neighborhood or simply lay out in your backyard if you have one.
- Limit social media consumption to 2 hours a day
- Eat a balanced diet! Treat yourself to your favorite comfort foods but don’t forget to get in all of your nutrients as well! Diet plays a huge role in our overall mental health. Some of my fav healthy treats that I’ve been loving during this time are Perfect Bars & HIPPEAS® Vegan White Cheddar Puffs!
- Limit your caffeine intake. Swap out your second and third cup of coffee for matcha, kombucha, or herbal tea.
- Unfollow anyone on social media that is spreading negative information or makes you feel uncomfortable/anxious in any way. Clean out your feed just as you would clean out your closet!
- Speaking of which…Clean your space! Since you’re spending the majority of your time at home, you will feel so much better living in a clutter-free, clean space. Use this extra time to spring clean to the fullest!
- Consider adding in some anxiety-reducing supplements and superfoods into your daily routine. My favs are a good quality CBD, reishi, l-theanine, & lemon balm.
- Choose one loved-one to FaceTime with daily and be fully present! Even though we physically can’t be next to our loved-ones, we should still make sure we’re not totally socially isolating ourselves. A good support system is especially important during this time.
- Have a 10-minute dance party every day to some of your favorite up-beat songs! There’s no better way to release anxiety that’s stuck in your body than to shake it out and have some fun while doing it. I’ve been loving the HIPPEAS® Good Vibes playlist lately!
For more tips on how to live a positive, full & happy life, now and always, follow along on my journey, check out my blog and check out my podcast .
Sending so much love, peace, blessings and healing your way!
Leave a comment