When the sun is shining, we start to crave something a little sweet, a little fruity and a little crunchy. HIPPEAS® Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips pair perfectly with a strawberry salsa! This sweet treat is sure to help kick off your summer with some PEAs, Love and Good Vibes.
HIPPEAS® Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips with Strawberry Salsa
IngredientsCinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips:
HIPPEAS® Straight Up Sea Salt Tortilla Chips
2 tbsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Organic Cane Sugar
½ cup of Organic Coconut Oil - melted
1 Container of Organic Strawberries
¼ cup Organic Red Onion – chopped
1 Jalapeño – chopped (with or without seeds)
Directions1. To prepare the Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips, arrange your HIPPEAS Tortilla Chips on a large plate or platter so that they are all lying flat.
2. Using a pastry brush, brush each chip with melted coconut oil. Do not flip the chips over just yet.
3. Mix your cinnamon and sugar with a spoon until combined. Using the spoon or your fingers, sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over each chip until you get your desired coverage.
4. Have some fun here! The amount of cinnamon sugar coverage you give each chip will make them more or less sweet.
5. While giving your chips a few minutes to let the coconut oil and cinnamon sugar stick together, let’s start the salsa! Chop your strawberries, onion and jalapeño then add to a medium bowl.
6. Like things spicy?! Leave in some of those jalapeño seeds to give your salsa a little kick. If not, you can fully remove the seeds or leave the jalapeño out for a mild salsa.
7. Take a few sprigs of fresh cilantro, chop and add to the bowl.
8. Mix the salsa together and add a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
9. Now, back to the chips! Flip each chip over. Some cinnamon sugar will come off as you turn, that’s ok! Repeat steps 2 and 3 by brushing coconut oil onto the bare side of the chips then sprinkling with cinnamon sugar. Once each ship is coated let them sit or 2-3 minutes.
To ServeServe your HIPPEAS® Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips with Strawberry Salsa on your favorite serving dish and enjoy!