What You’ll Need:
- A large pot with lid
- Baking sheet
- Potato masher
- Brush for olive oil
- Optional: Blender or food processor
- One cauliflower head! Two heads if you’re feeling peckish. Fresh, not frozen cauliflower works best
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder, or fresh garlic if you have it
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- Optional: Vegan butter of your choice
- Peel off the leaves and trim the stem of the cauliflower
- Place the cauliflower in the large pot and fill with water until the head is like totally covered, man.
- Lightly salt the water and then place the lid on the pot
- Place the pot on the stovetop and bring to a boil. Let the pot boil for 25 min
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees, until it’s hot, hot, hot!
- After 25 min, carefully drain the water from the pot
- Carefully remove the cauliflower from the pot and place it on the cookie sheet
- Brush the cauliflower with olive oil and gently season with paprika and salt
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 45 min or until the top is golden brown
Now here’s the fun part! Once your cauliflower has been baked to perfection, you can either mash it or blend it! If you want a creamier dip, a food processor or blender is the way to go! But if you like more of a mashed potato consistency, transfer your cauliflower to a bowl and mash away! Add pepper, garlic, salt, and paprika to taste! The cauliflower is pretty creamy on its own, but you can a touch of vegan butter for added flavor and creaminess!
Serve with HIPPEAS Vegan White Cheddar Puffs or your favorite puff or chip flavor!
Serves 2-4 totally cool PEAple