A HIPPEAS® twist on Avocado Fries! Crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside, we used our Sriracha Sunshine Organic Chickpea Puffs to give these tasty fries a little kick! And just like our Puffs, these snacks are baked not fried! Pair with our favorite plant-based dip, Kite Hill!
HIPPEAS® Avocado Fries
Ingredients• 1-2 avocados, more firm than soft. Note: 1 avocado makes about 8 fries (they’re filling!)
• Coconut Oil
• 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
• Olive or Avocado Oil
• A bag of your favorite HIPPEAS® Organic Chickpea Puffs. We used Sriracha Sunshine to give it a little kick!
• Kite Hill dip of your choice
Directions1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Start with a barely ripe avocado. Halve and remove the pit. Remove the skin and slice each half into 4 wedges.
3. Prepare your breading station!
a. In a medium bowl, whisk Coconut Oil with a splash of water until mixed and smooth
b. Take your bag of HIPPEAS, pour half in a bowl and set aside for snacking (yum!)
c. Leaving the rest of the HIPPEAS in the bag, use your hands or a mallet to crunch the Puffs into crumbs. Pour HIPPEAS “breadcrumbs” onto a plate. Add Italian seasoning and mix together.
4. Time to bread your fries! Take your first avocado wedge and submerge in Coconut Oil. Once coated, move your wedge over to the “breadcrumbs” and coat all sides. Move to a lined baking sheet.
a. Parchment paper or a wire baking rack on your pan work great!
5. Repeat step 4 with each avocado wedge.
6. Once all of your avocado wedges are ready. Lightly spray or drizzle each fry with your favorite olive oil or avocado oil. Both sides, this will give it that crunch!
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
To ServePlate & serve with your favorite Kite Hill dip!