Fun with your Mini Hippeas
Whether you’re young, or just young at heart, there’s nothing better than taking a break from your normal routine to do something fun! Here’s a list of creative activities you can do with your mini HIPPEAS!
Power to the Plants
Did you know? Chickpeas enrich the soil with life-giving nitrogen. Plants need this to grow!
Chickpeas are good for the planet, simply by being themselves. Plant your very own chickpea with these easy steps!
What you’ll need:
- Uncooked/dry chickpeas
- A pot or planter. Don’t have one? A Hippeas bags works too!
- A sunny spot, window sills are totally groovy!
1. Find a totally sunny place! Window sills are perfect, man!
2. Gather dirt or potting soil.
3. Use a container that is at least 8 inches deep.
4. Plant chickpeas 1½ to 2 inches deep & 3 to 6 inches apart.
How to care for your chickpeas:
1. Check soil everyday & water lightly, dude!
2. Keep the soil damp until chickpeas have totally sprouted.
3. Water regularly while flowers & pods form.
4. Avoid overhead watering (water close to the stems).
Color Me Happea
Feeling a little blue? Here’s a cool way to feel more mellow yellow and put your creative juices to work!
What You’ll Need:
- Colored pencils, markers, crayons, or paints
- The Hippeas coloring book. Download here
- Download the Hippeas PDF Coloring book
- Print those pages, man!
- Channel your inner Monet and then Van Gogh-get it!
Peas, Love & Math
Want to liven up your studies? What better way than to use Hippeas! Follow these steps to make math a little more fun (and tasty).
What You’ll Need
- Your favorite flavor of Hippeas puffs
- A piece of paper or chalkboard
- A light-colored piece of chalk or crayon
- With a piece of chalk or a white crayon, set up a math equation on your piece of paper or chalk board.
- Weather it’s addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, use your Hippeas puffs to represent the numbers.
- Totally solve the equation
Bonus: Once you’re done solving your math problems, eat your HIPPEAS snacks!